Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Writing Effective Conclusions

Objectives:
Students will be able to
a) review writing body paragraphs.
b) identify different ways to write a conclusion.
c) revise the conclusion in their diagnostic test.

I. Review
   a. structure of a paragraph
   b. P.I.E. structure
   c. including opposing views and counterarguments

II. Writing an effective conclusion 
a. Reflect:
What is the purpose of a conclusion? What are some ways we can use to write a conclusion that is memorable?
b. PPP
c. Use this information to revise the conclusion in your diagnostic test.

III. Library Day
a. Remember our library day is next class,
Thursday Sept. 27 3:30-4:50 at the ACES Library
The Funk ACES Library is on Goodwin.
 Directions

b.  Think about what kind of information you need to find in the library. Your goal for library day is to have at least one source you can use for support of your claim in your diagnostic essay.
For example, "in body paragraph 1, I want a statistics or fact that tells how many companies advertise/present themselves as being socially responsible" or "in the the counter-argument paragraph, I want a quotation stating that companies who are socially responsible are more profitable".
c. Fill out the grid.
 Library day mission: Bring the evidence grid and find sources that can provide relevant pieces of evidence that you planned on the grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.